2010-05-14

Cooking vegetables the Italian way

This cook book sounds like it might be a good one:
Red, White & Greens: The Italian Way with Vegetables
, by Faith Willinger.

I like how it's organized:
Ms. Willinger treats each of her nineteen headline vegetables in a separate chapter
This organization allowed one reviewer to get these results:
The other day I opened the fridge and discovered that I have some zuchhini. I opened up Red White and Greens under "zuchhini", and within a little while I was eating wonderful zuchhini carpaccio. The next day I found out I still have some leeks from my last shopping. I opened the book under "leek", and discovered how simple it would be to make roasted leek. It was delicous.
On the other hand, Jack Bishop's book has more stars on Amazon. It's called The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook: 350 Essential Recipes for Inspired Everyday Eating. From a highly rated Amazon review:
He gives these extraordinary yet simple recipes and encourages you to think for yourself. ... take what is simple and good and bring it together. Inspired. This is one of those cookbooks that doesn't just give you recipes but gives you ideas. Bishop also simplifies some recipes that have been intimidating to me. He makes polenta so simple, I have made it twice now while busy doing other things. ... All the recipes in this book can be made without fuss and turn out impressively. This is a cookbook for real people, who don't have time to cook all day, and normal kitchens. This is absolutely my favorite cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment